A rich and fudgey favourite is taken to the next level with another well-loved classic – Oreos!
These delicious brownies won’t last long, but if you can help it, make them a day before eating or serving to further enhance the chocolate flavour, creating an even richer, more decadent experience!
The recipe is really easy. My favourite, no-fail fudgey brownie recipe gets a generous topping of chopped oreo cookies. That’s it! But, oh, is it good! (One Sunday school student even requested this instead of cupcakes for her birthday!)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups margarine/butter
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 - 1 package Oreo cookies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9"x9" baking dish (for really thick brownies) or a 9"x13" baking dish (for more brownies).
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt margarine/butter in a large saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. Add cocoa powder and stir until smooth.
- Beat in brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Stir in dry ingredients.
- Spread batter into baking dish. Top with chopped Oreo cookies.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
- MAKE-AHEAD: Brownies are actually best made a day in advance and allowed to sit in an airtight container to further enhance the chocolate flavour and richness!
- PROCESS TIPS: I normally use 3/4 to an entire package of Oreo cookies; I like the top to be studded! But feel free to adjust the cookie amount to suit your tastes and preferences.
- GARNISHING & PRESENTATION: Drizzle melted white or dark chocolate on top for an extra touch!
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to know what you think! Share your comments below and share your creation with #littlebitsweeter!