“These are soooo good!”
That’s what I like to hear! Especially when it comes from a kid – then you know it’s good!
These cookie bars couldn’t be simpler to make. It’s the same process as making cookie dough, but you skip the forming-into-balls stage and spread the dough onto the bottom of a greased baking dish. Bake. Slice, Serve. I used Easter pastel M&M’s in this spring-inspired variation, but you could easily swap in chocolate chips, regular M&M’s or any other chocolate candy.
These are a great make-ahead treat; they keep for days in an airtight container at room temperature. The thick vanilla cookie stays soft and moist inside with a crunchy exterior that it beautifully studded with colourful M&M’s! It’s a sweet that everyone will enjoy!
- 2 1/8 cups flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 3/4 cups margarine/butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 cups M&M candies, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9"x13" baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly whisk flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat margarine/butter, brown sugar, and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add in flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in 1 cup of M&M candies.
- Spread dough evenly on the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining M&M's evenly on top of dough. Press in lightly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- These cook bars stay fresh and soft if kept in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a week (if they last that long!).
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to know what you think! Share your comments below and share your creation with #littlebitsweeter!